January was Human Trafficking Awareness Month
The Human Trafficking Coalition of Palm Beach (HTCPB) held a meeting to review how our County can begin to raise awareness in 2016.
- They will be holding a “Train the Trainer” class which will be scheduled in February 2016
- Scheduling a class for a Safe School Training
- A Case Study Special Event occurred on January 29th
- HTCPB will sponsor a human trafficking awareness poster contest for high school and middle school children — Hope for Freedom — the goal is to encourage youth to promote Human Trafficking awareness
- HTCPB is working with Palm Beach County Victim Services to attend an event at Keiser University on February 4th and another at Palm Beach State College on February 17th
For more information about Human Trafficking, please see The National Child Traumatic Stress Network’s website: